Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 4 Observations

It's the last of my observations and there has been a big change. I found a worm! I had seen movement near the bottom of my microaquarium before, but this time I could finally see what was causing the movement, and I'm pretty sure there was more than one because no matter how hard I tried to avoid the nasty things, it kept showing up in my view. One of the distinct feature was small hair like pieces coming off all over the body in pairs. They looked like hairs growing out of warts. I though I wanted to see a big worm, but it was really gross to me. I believe it's a Aeolosoma sp.
The following picture is was I believe some cell division going on and I thought it was cool that there were four. I wasn't able to identify specifically what they were but it's a good picture.
Most of my aquarium looked the same otherwise, just bigger organisms moving about now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment